Pages

Tuesday 17 April 2012

tinkering tuesday: winter sessions & crochet project

I have no background in graphics, but love to make things pretty.  And being unable to afford real graphic artists, i have had to make do, back in the cupcake days, and today. And teach myself little tricks here and there. ( Using open office draw program.  Did you just snigger? )  So this week I tinkered on the keyboard, learnt some new tricks, and made Martin, the amazing husband,  a business card for "The Winter Sessions," which is a series of evening sermons he is initiating from next month.  I love this font, Rockwell Sketch, which you can download for free.




And then we are also hoping to set up a crochet circle, with the granny square project, and make blankets for babies born in the congregation and also the underprivileged.  So I made this 'i love crochet' (it is in afrikaans) poster to fire up the project, which will hopefully come off the ground end of next week.  If you love this cross stitch font as much as i do, it is called Embroidery and you can download it for free too!

PS sorry the download quality is not great... still learning how to sort that out.. or drop me a message if you can teach me step-by-step.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...