Pages

Monday 25 June 2012

leg warmers for Livi


I tried my hand at a bit of knitting this last week.  It has been years.  When I got to the end of the first leg warmer, I literally had to google how to cast off.  I sat there looking at needles, completely stumped.  The knitting and the purling where old hat (i knitted a lot as a kid... boring holidays in small mining town), but shoo, ask me to cast off and you may as well as have asked me to fix a carborator... i don't even know what a carborator is.  I know now. How to cast off, not a carborator.

So these were pretty easy.  I have one pair of knitting needles, size 4.  And a whole lot of double knit wool, that I have collected over the years.  I keep buying wool, with these admirable projects in mind.  Which i never complete, or even begin.   So here is to new beginnings.


This fits Liv who is now 4.  I would guess that these would fit a child between the ages of 3 and 6.  Though they do fit sophie lou, who is only 1 1/2, but she is a little chunky around the calf.

cast on 40 stitches.
(If you have 3.5 needle, it seems suggested to do you ribbing on a smaller needle)
10 rows rib: 1 stitch knit, 1 stitch purl

(change to size 4 needle, if ribbing with 3.5 needles)
50 rows alt 1 row knit, 1 row purl
6 rows rib 1 knit, 1 purl (on 3.5 needles if you did so for the previous ribbing)

cast off!

I then embroidered some flowers.  just 3 scattered on each leg warmer.  This was a first for me, and it was pretty easy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...