Pages

Thursday 15 August 2013

365 days of Sea Point










I count my lucky stars for the day that I moved to Sea Point.  It was a fluke.  Martin got a post here, so we relocated.  Little did I realise that this would be one of the best things that would happen to me.... except maybe for the fact that I eventually closed Cupcake, the distance creating too much discourse in our family life as well as shop life.., being a little poorer financially, and having a morning job that I can't mention and so unlike me- though mostly still enjoy and also happen to be the 'Dominee-se-vrou'.

Other than that it is awesome.  The quirky and beautiful people, the promenade, the ocean, the pools, the retro restaurants, the mixture of cultures, the dives and the divas.  I walk or cycle or take the mini bus taxi.

You can be in the hustle and bustle of Main Road, take a side street down and enjoy the tranquillity of the sea front: from sunny clear calm days to a raging ocean, wave crashing into the promenade wall, splashing unsuspecting strollers or a creeping mist; the fog horn resonating in the distance.

People smile and say hello, from young skater kids to grannys hunched over walking sticks or David leaning against a postbox, trying to score a few pennies. I love my neighbourhood. It has style. Sea Point allows you to be you. It has made me a better person.  Does that make sense? 

Catherine Boyd also loves her hood, and with her photos brings us an image every day to remind us why we love it so much.  And for those of you that don't live here, you get to share snippets of our crazy, beautiful and inspiring part of the city:  The people, the sunsets, the architecture, activities, the things we no longer notice or never knew where there.

View more images and follow her page on facebook for your daily hit of Sea Point.  And more of her work at Catherine Boyd Photography.

For another 23 reasons to love Sea Point, read Darrel Bristow-Brovey 'In Praise of Sea Point'  which had me swooning.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...