Pages

Sunday 26 May 2013

Kite Party

My little Liv turned five a couple of weeks ago, and I am proud to share that she asked for a kite party.  Which was a great improvement for the dreaded Barbie pop star party which she originally suggested.  

Every year these birthdays seem to sneak up on me... 

On the promenade just meters from our front gate, there is a circle of mini trees, which I thought would be an ideal spot for our party, with paper bows strung between the branches.  But as fate would have it, raindrops began to fall an hour before the party. And no wind.  Never before have I prayed for a breeze.  

Quick-sticks: set everything up at home.



Catherine Boyd Photography
Catherine Boyd Photography



Catherine Boyd Photography

Catherine Boyd Photography

Catherine Boyd Photography

Catherine Boyd Photography

Catherine Boyd Photography




Catherine Boyd Photography


Catherine Boyd Photography











Catherine Boyd Photography








Catherine Boyd Photography

Martin the marvelous husbands made frames for the kites from meranti dowels. The kids decorated coloured paper which they then glued around the frames.  Added some ribbon tails.  And my prayers were answered with the rustle of leaves and a ray of sunshine.


Packed up the kids and kites up and set off for the promenade to test our creations.
Children ran, kites ascended and soon after plummeted to the ground, narrowly missing children on more than one occasion.. Our breeze was a little wild... Oh what fun! We all then huddled together (there was still a pretty icy nip in the air) and sipped hot chocolate topped with marshmallows.


Happy birthday my angel... I can't help struggling to hold the tears back... 5 is so big, and you make me so proud, bringing brightness to my every day.

Check out dear me, Tash and Noah were there to, and had a few words to say!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...