Pages

Friday 18 May 2012

rainbow party: activities & party favours

I had reams of ribbon that I bought for the decorations left over, so I snipped and taped bits to a straw or koki pen to make rainbow wands.  Made some homemade play dough in rainbow colours, stuck a personalized sticker and glued on a shape cutter.  I gave a small leap when I found these cute rainbow ribbons.  I glued them on some clips.  Printed some cards with a 4 printed on, and bob's your uncle.

We kept everything quite low key for the activities. Pretty much just letting the kids run wild. We did a bit of rainbow face painting. (Thank you Zanmari and Jacqui)  Here is Liv the birthday girl with her cute wonky rainbow and  red heart face painting.   


We had a snack and party activity table with kiddie size wooden benches for the kids to sit at.  Here the kids could colour in rainbows and suck lollipops.  (Sophie Lou and two.  One for each hand.)  There was also a big bowl of wooden rainbow beads so that the anybody could make necklaces and bracelets, to take home.  This worked out well as the kids who were a bit shy, could play here and ease into the party.  Outside there was the swing, trampoline and hoolahoops. 

 We really made do with what we had, and the kids had a ball.  The only really structured play was hunting for the gold coins to put at the end of the rainbow...  I also tried to make giant bubble mixture again this year.  And again, I failed.  Maybe next year.




also check out rainbow party:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...